Friday, October 22, 2010

Trying Rodinal Reversal / "E-6" Again.

Attempting Rodinal Reversals for colour film again... trying with C-41 first off for cheap testing to start with.

Specifically right now I'm half-way through a 1+100, 1 hour stand on some Supra 400 I had shot (probably random stuff) a while back to see how it turns out.

This time I have made additions of Potassium Iodide and Ilford Rapid Fixer (Ammonium Thiosulphate), I do have some sodium thiocyanate, which is typical in E-6 first developers, but I hope this is enough, or I'll try again with an increased amount.

Update: Nothing on that roll, will have to shoot another roll tomorrow for testng.

Update: Some advice from Photo Engineer of APUG - "Well, Ammonium Thiosulfate is not good. The Ammonium ion is also a fixing agent and fogging agent to some extent and should not be used in developers as a general rule. You should only use Sodium Thiosulfate in this instance or Sodium Thiocyanate. The Thiocyanate is often used but you will again have to work out the amount needed."

No comments: